What is Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)?
- Short attention span? Easily distracted?
- Oversensitivity to certain sounds?
- Poor vocabulary? Poor memory?
- Easily confused with simple instructions?
These are only some of the most common signs of Auditory Processing Disorder (APD).
Auditory Processing Disorder, also known as Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD), is a developmental or acquired inability of the brain to understand the meaning of sounds. APD is not linked to impaired hearing or hearing loss at all nor poor intelligence.
Below you will discover the following:
- Hearing vs. Listening
- Causes of APD
- Impacts of APD on Learning
- Impacts of APD on Speech & Language
- Impacts of APD on Emotion & Behaviour
- How the Tomatis® Method Can Help